Monday, June 11, 2007

Answered Prayer!

Lori and I were in my car on 355 when a motorist behind us tooted his horn. "Ignore him," Lori said.

I stepped on the gas a little but the driver accelerated to be level with us, gesturing for us to wind down the window. Then he yelled: "Your left rear tyre looks flat!"

Wow! We thanked him, impressed with his persistence and kindness on 355 in morning-peak traffic.

I wasn't expecting it but Lori called Dustin later. He fixed the flat and inflated all four tyres. The offending tyre had only FOUR pounds of pressure out of the prescribed 44!

The next day, I liked how my car felt so comfortable, stable and safe. I try to take good care of my car but, living alone, I've to be much more independent and responsible for everything.

There's more! The best thing is that Lori told me later that every morning before she goes to work, Dustin prays about her drive and the car's mileage, gas, tyres, everything!

We KNOW it was because Dustin prayed that the driver noticed and felt the urgency to let me know. It's wonderful that Dustin, our pastor, is totally serious about prayer. Every morning, he wakes up at 6 am to pray for all of us.

This slice of life displays all over again God's tenderest love and goodness.

It's been fun to spend time with Lori. I should keep this next part more covert, but I guess it's part of the story. Lori's pregnancy (she's due July 4) has caused carpel tunnel syndrome in her wrists and it's excruciating for her to drive though she's the original trooper and never whines. I volunteered to drive her to and from work, and one week of not driving has improved matters for her.

God is tremendously faithful and there's no way to outgive the giver of all good things and the lover of our souls.

No comments: